With a career spanning over sixteen years and punctuated with international awards and prizes, Mr. Arias has been among the most meteoric Teacher / Performers in Argentina’s recent history. As a professional tango dancer, Mr. Arias has performed across the globe, and has been selected out of hundreds of renowned Tango dancers as semi-finalist and finalist in multiple Tango World Championships. In addition to his performances, he is an avid advocate of the Arts and has played a major role in spreading awareness of the Tango. Mr. Arias has obtained the status of Excellent Tango Instructor and Ambassador in his home country for his role in representing Argentina’s tradition of Tango on the global stage. Notably, he has been recognized by the President of Cambalache Annual International Tango Festival for the promotion of Tango Dance and Theater and for his dedication to the Tango art form as well as his active involvement in arts education through the development of international Tango workshops and culturally unique art festivals within Argentina.
Mr. Arias was trained in Buenos Aires by acclaimed Argentine Tango dancers, and has been teaching and performing Tango at the highest level for over 13 years. His pulsating and passionate Tango performances have helped enhance awareness of this uniquely Argentine art form at an international level. The lustrous dancer has graced the global stage with leading performances at the following internationally renowned competitions, where he has won recognition for his preeminence in the Tango art form.
• The 2007-2009 InterAmerican Dance Competition in San Luis, Argentina, where he won first prize for his Tango Salon and Best Newcomer Award;
• The 2009 Inter-American Dance Competition, where he received the Best Tango Instructor Award. Two Tango couples that Mr. Arias trained, received the Completion Awards
• The 2010 Inter-American Dance Competition, San Luis, Argentina, Best Dancer Award
• The 2010 Best of Cuyo Competition, Mendoza, Argentina, where he won first prize for his Tango Salon ;
• 2011 World Championship in Buenos Aires, where he was selected as semi-finalists, and
• 2012 World Championship in Buenos Aires, Argentina, where he was selected as a Finalist in Tango Salon.
Mr. Arias started teaching tango in 2000, providing workshops, private classes, and seminars in San Luis and Buenos Aires in Argentina, and performing at such world renowned and prestigious tango institutions as The Argentine Academy of Tango, Cambalache International Tango Festival, Caminito Tango Show, Club Sunderland, Yira Yira, El Beso, Tango Si Milonga, and Porteno y Bailarin Milonga.
In 2012-2013, Mr. Arias completed his world tour, with classes, seminars, and performances in Turkey, Holland, Germany, Italy and Latvia. Mr. Arias has remained committed to enabling cultural exchange through the medium of dance, and has played a major role in promoting Argentina’s rich cultural dance heritage across the globe.
In 2013, Mr. Arias relocated to Los Angeles, CA, where he has been performing at private and public events, and teaching. He has built a huge following of loyal students and enthusiastic admirers of his Dance Style, Close Embrace-Milonguero.